Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Maddie's Post


HI! This is Madeline, and today I am 9 years old! It's my birthday! HOORAY!

Living in Singapore is very cool. But very hot. The people here are very nice and they seem to really like my curly hair. Wherever we go, the locals (Singaporians) all like to pat my head and touch my hair. There aren't many curly haired people around here. Sometimes I forget I am living in a foreign country because when you look around everything is written in English and there are the same stores and places to eat that we have at home. But then I listen, and I hear lots of different languages being spoken by people. I've heard Mandarin Chinese, Indian, Malay (language of Malasia), and lots of tourists from other countries. There are a lot of people here on this small island, and sometimes we have to wait a long time for a taxi.
The best part of living in Singapore is meeting new friends and the worst part is that it gets REALLY hot some days and walking to places is really not fun.
I start school in 5 days at the Singapore American School. It's a huge giant school with cool stuff. Like there are 3 different playgrounds just for my grade! The school doesn't seem any different than in the USA, except that I get to wear a uniform. I am a little nervous to start because I am worried that the teachers won't like me or I won't like them!
I will post more in a few days, after I start school. MISS YOU GUYS!
love Madeline

1 comment:

GrammynPapa said...

Hello Maddie...We hope you had a great birthday! You are a very lucky girl to have such pretty curly hair! All those people who look at it or pat your head are really wishing that their hair would be as pretty as yours (without having to have a perm)!!! How do you like your new school? Have you made alot of new friends? What is your teachers name? Have you started your violin & dance classes yet? Your book bag is pretty & looks very heavy! Well, keep in touch and tell us all about what you are doing! We love you....Grammy & PaPa