Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Big News for Miss Maddie!





After working/stretching/preparing for months and months...Madeline took her Pointe Ballet exam last week and passed! So proud of her! She was so excited, more excited than, well, almost like it was Christmas morning!!!

We had a wonderful informative meeting at her dance studio that helped her (and I) know about safety and how-to's for Pointe shoes. (I never was a dancer, so this a whole new world to me...)

She couldn't wait to have the ties sewn on and put them on for the first time. She looks so natural on them and very graceful. So proud of her!!

She also has her first JOB! She is an "Assistant Teacher" at her dance studio and helps to teach the little girls ballet/tap/jazz classes. She even got her first paycheck a few weeks ago-sad day when my 10 yr old is making more money than me! :) She is doing an amazing job keeping up with her studies and dancing 4 days a week. I think that being so busy forces her to be more organized and less time to procrastinate.

Congrats to sweet little Maddie, who is growing up WAY to fast. :(

No comments: