Sunday, November 25, 2007

Late post-Halloween Singapore style




I realized after a friend emailed me, that I did not put up Halloween photos of the kids. As most of you know, I love Halloween and love planning/helping with Halloween parties! :) I was feeling a little sad that this year I could not do a Halloween Dance, like I did the last few years for the PTA, but that all changed when I joined The American Womans Association Children's Committee and I joined a great team of ladies planning a Halloween event! YIPEEE!!! It was so much fun, and very odd to be soooo hot on Halloween.

Our street here in Singapore has many expats and locals who love celebrating Halloween. It was amazing to see all of the crazy decorations on the gates outside the homes, and the amount of effort they all took for the kids. All of our neighbors met at the pool, set up "camp" with dinner, drinks, and tons of candy. We all invited over friends who lived on streets that didn't participate, so we had a good group from our complex.

It was fun to see how the locals celebrate and what they gave out to the kids...boy did we get some odd looking things! :) Some locals didn't open their gates to their houses, but instead stood on the other side and passed the goodies through the bars. And then other locals surprised us by being all dressed up and very festive. :) The kids had a great time and ran around like crazy up and down the street-they were dripping wet with sweat when the night was over. After we tucked the kids into bed, the adults met back at the pool and we celebrated Halloween (had fun cocktails and ate the kids candy out of their baskets! ) ha ha

No comments: